Norman, OK 73071
(405) 360-0087 (evening)
(405) 651-1594 (day)
Early Childhood, Adolescents, Adults, Older Adults, youth at risk and those with special needs
Schools: pre-k, elementary, middle, high, special ed, alternative ed
Community Sites: art centers, libraries, parks, senior and recreation centers
Sheryl Cozad's portraits, imaginative paintings, and illustrations have found homes across the U.S., Canada, and Great Britain. Originally trained as an art historian, Sheryl received a Master of Fine Arts in Design and Painting from the University of Oklahoma. She has taught art history and studio classes on the college level for almost two decades in addition to teaching children's programs and working with older adults since 1987. Teaching others to draw and paint people, birds, and animals in a variety of media constitutes only part of the lessons. Art technique, vocabulary and history are shared in an enjoyable atmosphere where students' ideas flourish and are valued.
- Facilitate comfortable experimentation in making art
- Increase art vocabulary such as value, hue, saturation, etc.
- Introduce drawing and design techniques
- Gain experience in painting techniques
- Facilitate community and intergenerational interaction through visual art