Oklahoma Public Art Network (OPAN) Marketing Intern
The Oklahoma Arts Council seeks an intern to facilitate the Oklahoma Public Art Network (OPAN). The role will comprise several aspects of museum roles, including membership, marketing, and customer service. Duties will include:
- Creation of online marketing tools (Facebook and email) for OPAN
- Organization of an Artist’s Roster for the State of Oklahoma pre-qualified artists pool
- Book Layout/Design/Printing (sample docs included)
- Organization and coordination of inaugural OPAN meeting on October 24th in Stillwater, OK
- Create member roster
- Invite and coordinate RSVPs
- Coordinate speaker and meeting moderator
- Design and coordinate marketing plan for Oklahoma Public Art (OPA) Collection
- Facebook posts, Arts Council newsletter article, newspaper interviews, marketing 1-pager, Museum without Walls posts and podcasts(artist interview and installation video)
- Utilize these initiatives with installation of the artwork at the Veteran’s Administration
Fall 2016: September - December, 2016 (Internships run concurrent with the academic university schedule)
Email is the only method of applying, with all attachments in Microsoft Word format only. Applications must be received by June 30th. Interviews will be the first week in July and the internship will be awarded before July 15th to allow time to register for academic credit.
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com .
Include your name and the title of the internship in the subject line of the email.
To apply for an internship send the following 4 documents in MS Word attached in an email:
1. Prepare a single MS Word document containing:
- Cover letter (addressed to Heather Lunsford, Director of Art in Public Places), indicating:
- the specific internship for which you are applying;
- how your skills/experience qualify you for the internship;
- how the named internship fits into your academic and/or career goals;
- some of your related personal interests, and;
2. Current resume or curriculum vitae (CV).
3. A writing sample of your academic work (this may be submitted as a PDF file).
4. A letter of recommendation from an academic instructor or advisor or from a current/recent employer is strongly encouraged and may be included in the original cover letter/resume document. If submitted separately, and should be e-mailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All internships at the Oklahoma Arts Council, are unpaid positions unless otherwise specified within the description. Interns are expected to work 10-20 hours a week.
Recommendations sent separately (i.e., by a third party) should be addressed to Heather Lunsford, Director of Art in Public Places, and should be emailed to email@example.com.
Incomplete applications will not be considered for the internship.
Academic credit may be organized prior to the internship.
Marketing and Communications Intern
The Oklahoma Arts Council seeks junior, senior, or graduate level college student interns to advance the arts industry in Oklahoma by assisting with the agency’s marketing, communications, and public relations efforts. A minimum commitment of eight hours per week for one semester or summer session is required. Responsibilities may include writing and editing, database management, research, data analysis, social media management, event planning, and customer service.
June 1 - August 31, 2016
Application materials due March 31
September 12 - December 16, 2016
Application materials due June 30
Spring internships (2017)
General responsibilities may include the following:
- Writing and editing
- Database management
- Brand monitoring
- Internal communications
- Media relations
- Research and idea development
- Social media
- Event planning
- Customer service and general office support
- Spreadsheet/MS Excel proficiency
- Strong writing skills
- Understanding of AP style
- Professional attitude
- Eager to learn
- Excellent customer service skills
- Desire to advance Oklahoma
- Photography experience
- Adobe Creative Suite experience
Submit a resume, cover letter, and at least three writing samples or a portfolio via email to the Director of Marketing and Communications, Joel Gavin, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Oklahoma Arts Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer