Sandra D. Williams
3905 East 92nd St
Perkins, OK 74059
Elementary, Middle School, Hight School, Adults, Educators, Older Adults, At-risk Youth
Schools: Elementary, Middle School, High School, Alternative Education
Community Sites: Parks & Recreation Centers, Libraries, Senior Centers
Central Oklahoma, Tulsa Area, Year-round
Performing in kindergarten and directing neighborhood plays in the fourth grade, Sandra (pronounced Sondra) Williams followed her artistic impulse through a Ph.D. in theatre. Moving from the work of learning, to learning through fun and play, students in Williams' programs use creative games and improvisation: body, voice, language, character and more. Williams offers a popular and effective workshop titled Stand Up and Speak Up! Performing in front of peers, friends, families, and open audiences takes people of all ages to a higher sense of accomplishment and capability.
Performance is optional. Students work from physical, non-verbal games and improvisation to verbal interaction and scripts, depending on the time and the desired learning outcomes. Theatre is fun, always nurturing and building skills and self-esteem. Even shy people shine.
- Learn basic theatre and performance skills, including how to look confident, what to do with your hands, how to stand and sit, and what makes effective physical and verbal presentations.
- Develop stage presence: Learn to speak and act before a group with concentration, focus, and self-control.
- Stimulate creativity with plenty of opportunity to communicate creatively.
- Build collaborative and teamwork skills through games, rehearsals, and performances.
- Develop discipline and a sense of responsibility through theatrical work.
- Learn to build a story, write scenes and scripts, and create the characters that play in them.
- For music students and musical comedy performers – learn how to sell a song.
- HAVE FUN!