Visual Arts: Drawing & Painting
Hight School, Adults, Educators
Schools: High School, Alternative Education
Community Sites: Parks & Recreation Centers, Arts Centers, Libraries, Health Care Facilities
Weekdays, School year, Statewide
A native of Healdton, OK, Murray graduated from Southeastern Oklahoma State University with a degree in Art. He went on to attend graduate school at West Texas State University in Canyon, Texas for one year. In 1993, he began studying with classical realist, Kirk Richards in Amarillo. It was through this rigorous six years of training that Murray began to find his focus and direction, and not surprisingly, his art began to blossom.
Over the years, Murray has exhibited many places and participated in a wide array of shows. While living in Amarillo, Murray won Best of Show in the prestigious Best of Southwest show with his apocalyptic, "Day of Reckoning." He was also chosen with a handful of other artists to exhibit during a NATO conference also held in Amarillo. In recent years, he was invited to exhibit his work at the Oklahoma State Capital in a one-man show at the Governor's Gallery.
- Composition and Design: learning design skills
- Charcoal Drawing: learning the process of charcoal drawing
- Drawing Still Life: Learning how to compose and execute still life drawing
- Drawing the Portrait: Learning methods of portrait drawing
- Contrast and Values: learning the importance and how to achieve strong contrast and interesting values in artwork