Janey Carns Crain
202 N. 4th St.
Noble, OK 73068
Early Childhood, Childhood, Adolescents, Youth at Risk, Adults, Elders and those with special needs
Schools: pre-k, elementary, middle, high, special ed, alternative ed
Community Sites: art centers, libraries, parks, senior and recreation centers
OKC metro, year-round
Janey Carns Crain, an exciting and devoted teaching artist who has a rich background in a wide range of art media and art history. She has studied the arts across Oklahoma and at the Kansas City Art Institute. In a residency with Janey, students are able to see, to touch and to use all means of learning, while creating original ceramic pieces, drawings or sculptures while they learn how their artwork directly relates to other curriculum areas.
- Use the whole brain
- Learn basic art vocabulary
- Develop skills in visual art techniques
- Create art projects related to the history or the environment
- Develop problem-solving skills in visual art
- Strengthen hand-eye coordination
- Learn to be a lifelong learner