5500 N.W. 111th St.
Oklahoma City, OK 73162
Visual Arts: Basic Drawing, Illustration, Graphic Arts
Early Childhood, Childhood
Schools: Pre-K, Elementary
Community Sites: Art Centers, Libraries, Senior Centers, Parks & Recreation Centers
Danny Gordon is a self-taught, multi award winning artist/illustrator from Oklahoma City who has been creating art since he was 5 years old. After graduating high school, he attended several area colleges where he further honed his artistic skills and won numerous awards in the process. Danny has illustrated several books for children but is best know for his comical canine and animal art, which he began drawing in 2003. Since then, he has drawn more than 600 images and 90 dog breeds. In addition to doing residencies (mostly in Elementary schools), Danny also conducts paint your pet paint parties at his Comical Canine studio in Bethany, OK. To learn more about Danny, visit www.comicalcanine.com.
- Basic Drawing: The students will be able to use simple basic shapes to draw a variety of images.
- Character Design: The students will be able to demonstrate the ability to listen to a specific story then create and appropriate character.
- Basic Illustration: The students will be able to demonstrate the ability to hear a specific theme, concept, or story and create a relevant image.
- Creative Lettering: The students will be able to use a variety of segmented forms to create fun and interesting letters and lettering effects.
- Cartooning: The students will be able to demonstrate the ability to create humorous characters and scenes by using simple basic shapes.