2609 NW 38th St..
Oklahoma City, OK 73112
Early Childhood, Childhood, Adolescents, Adults, those with special needs and youth at risk
Schools: pre-k, elementary, middle, high, special ed, alternative ed
Community Sites: art centers, libraries, parks, senior and recreation centers
Dwe Williams, a noted dramatist, has a Bachelor in Speech and Theatre Education from North Carolina A&T State University. She also has a Master in Creative Drama and Children's Theatre from Southern Illinois University. She has training and experience in Core Knowledge, Great Expectations and arts integration, and has worked as production manager and director for the Classen School of Advanced Studies in Oklahoma City. During her residencies, Dwe uses storytelling and drama as a primary tool to enhance arts integration while students create and participate in storytelling and learn the value of this oral tradition in society. Songs, movement and visual art projects may also be used to enrich the learning process.
- Demonstrate the use of storytelling and creative drama to enhance curriculum
- Develop respect, appreciation and understanding of storytelling
- Explore storytelling techniques
- Increase listening skills
- Expand ability to see other points of view
- Develop cultural understanding through stories