Creative Writing: academic writing, non-fiction and biography
Early Childhood, Elementary, Middle School, Hight School, Adults, Educators, Older Adults, Youth with Disabilities, Adults with Disabilities, At-risk Youth
Schools: Elementary, Middle School, High School, Alternative Education
Community Sites: Parks & Recreation Centers, Arts Centers, Libraries, Senior Centers, Health Care Facilities
Beth Robinson has been teaching writing across the state since 1998. As a professor, teacher, and facilitator, she has encouraged the creative work of all age groups, with special experience writing with older adults and inmates. A working, published poet and author, Robinson has been a finalist for the Oklahoma Book Award while operating a successful editing business. She holds a Bachelor of Arts in journalism and professional writing and an Master of Arts in English and creative writing.
- Identifying and writing persuasive, informative, descriptive and narrative forms with younger writers.
- Listening to, appreciating, and writing several forms of poetry.
- Mining and recreating details of life stories and experiences.
- Learning and practicing several brainstorming and creative strategies.
- Mastering, providing, and receiving constructive feedback with other writers.
- Practicing and improving revision and editing skills.