This year’s Oklahoma Arts Conference will be an all-new exciting and invigorating experience. Unlike previous year’s events that have been confined primarily to a hotel or conference center, the 2018 Oklahoma Arts Conference will take place in various venues throughout the Film Row district, one of Oklahoma’s historic and cultural districts. The following information will help conference registrants prepare for their visit to Oklahoma City and their time at the conference. Conference Registration and Headquarters: The conference registration table and headquarters are located inside the 21c Museum Hotel Oklahoma City. Registration will be set up near the main gallery on the first floor. When entering the main hotel entrance, walk toward the hotel check-in area and turn right.
All conference participants need to arrive first at the registration area on the first floor of the 21c Museum Hotel Oklahoma City to pick up their conference name badge, event booklet, and conference map. All guests must wear a conference name badge to enter the venues where conference programs and activities are scheduled. Film Row Conference Venues include:
1. 21c Museum Hotel OKC (900 W. Main St.) 2. Carpenter Square Theatre (806 W. Main St.) 3. University of Oklahoma Community Design Center (800 W. Sheridan Ave.) 4. KOSU Studios in the Hart Building (726 W. Sheridan Ave.) 5. IAO Gallery (706 W. Sheridan Ave.) 6. Holloway House (701 1/2 W. Sheridan Ave.) 7. Paramount on Film Row (700 W. Sheridan Ave.) 8. Race the Space (11 N. Lee Ave.) 9. Dunlap Codding (609 W. Sheridan Ave.)
Daytime Parking Options for conference participants:
1. Valet parking is available at 21c Museum Hotel OKC (900 W. Main St.) for $10 per day.
2. The West Village Parking Garage (927 W. Sheridan Avenue) offers daytime parking for $5 per day. This parking garage is located just west of the Jones Assembly.
3. The Sheridan and Walker Parking Garage (501 W. Sheridan Ave.) offers daytime parking for $10 per day. This parking garage is just east of the conference perimeters.
4. Accessible Parking: All options listed above have handicap accessible parking spots. There are a number of accessible parking spots also located on Sheridan Ave. in front of Carpenter Square Theatre (806 W. Main St.) and in the lot just West of the Paramount on Film Row (701 W. Sheridan Ave.)
Guests staying overnight at the 21c Museum and Hotel can utilize overnight valet parking for $28 per day.
Please note that most of the parking lots in the Film Row district are owned by local businesses and those parking spaces are reserved for their employees or customers.
Getting Around the Conference: The conference venues in Film Row are located within walking distance, and require no more than a 5 minute walk. Volunteers, performers, and interactive art activities will help you find your way from one venue to the next. Shuttle buses will also be available throughout October 24 and 25 to offer conference guests assistance in getting to and from the different venues. Shuttles will stop in front or near all conference venues.
What to Wear and Bring: Due to the fact that this year's Oklahoma Arts Conference will take place in various locations, it's highly recommended that participants wear good walking shoes and comfortable clothing. Come prepared to be outdoors. Watch the weather forecast and don't leave home without your sunglasses and umbrella.
Lunchtime Events During the Conference: On Wednesday, October 24th, the General Session Luncheon will take place from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the Farmers Public Market, located at 311 S. Klein Ave.
Oklahoma Governor Mary Fallin and Oklahoma City Mayor David Holt will welcome guests to the conference during a luncheon session at the Historic Farmers Public Market of Oklahoma City. A keynote panel discussion led by singer-songwriter and recording artist Graham Colton will feature Alice Stites, chief curator for the national 21c Museum Hotel brand; Fred Hall, chairman and CEO of Hall Capital whose efforts have spearheaded redevelopment of the West Village area adjacent to Film Row; and Mayor David Holt. This special event will feature performances by the Oklahoma City Philharmonic and the Ambassadors' Concert Choir. Guests will enjoy lunch catered by Picasso Cafe.
Buses will transport conference guests from the Film Row district to the Historic Farmers Public Market of Oklahoma City. Conference attendees can board the bus at 11:00 a.m. at one of two locations: 1. In front of the 21c Museum Hotel OKC (near the entrance to Mary Eddy's); or, 2. Near the southwest corner of Sheridan Ave. and Lee Ave.
At the close of the General Session Luncheon, the buses will pick up guests at the Historic Farmers Public Market of Oklahoma City and return them to the Film Row district in time for the afternoon breakout sessions.
On Thursday, October 25th, gather with your fellow conference peers for a fun and informal block party on Shartel Ave. just south of Sheridan Ave. The block party will include some of OKC's favorite food trucks, interactive arts experiences, and live performances by LTZ and the Tap Band. The outdoor block party is sponsored by Fowler Automotive and Arts Council Oklahoma City.
Where to Stay: Host Hotel: 21c Museum Hotel Oklahoma City is the official host hotel of the 2018 Oklahoma Arts Conference. It is located at:
900 W. Main St. Oklahoma City, OK 73106 405-982-6900 https://www.21cmuseumhotels.com/oklahomacity/
Overflow Hotel: Sheraton Hotel in downtown Oklahoma City, located at:
1 N. Broadway Oklahoma City, OK 73102 Phone: (405) 235-2780 or 1-800-325-3535 https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/Book/OKArtsCouncilOct2018